The Arsenal, an LA bar that’s been around since 1950 on Pico, used to be a total dive bar… but we love dive bars, so this was no issue to us.
However, makeovers are always fun so we also had no issue when we heard The Arsenal decided to have some work done. And not a little nip here, a little tuck there. No, the Arsenal went all out Demi Moore style and did the full remodel package.
The Grand Re-Opening party for the Arsenal was last Friday (sorry we didn’t tell you – we wanted to have it allll to ourselves!) BUT they are keeping the celebration going every night from 7-9pm until this Thursday, the 28th, by offering select food and drinks off the original 1950s menu for 1950s prices!! (No idea what 1950s prices might be? Think $1.50 glass of champagne, $2.95 New York Steaks, $0.65 Burger or Grilled Cheese Sandwich – crazy right?!)
So what else is new at the Arsenal? Well, like we said the decor got an update (see above snazzy photo from Elizabeth Daniels ): while the original dining room is still mostly intact, the bar and the patio have been totally redone and there are new TVs all over (even outside on the patio!)
There’s also going to be a new menu of foods (multiple types of Mac ‘N Cheese, Pizzas, Burgers, and Poutine Fries YUM) and some new drinks added to the cocktail menu on top of the old favorites.
But the best part of The Arsenals re-debut is the new happy hour menu!
The Arsenal Happier Happy Hour:
* When: Mon – Fri, 5-8pm (+ 6-9pm on Saturdays)
* What: 1/2 Off Beers, $3 Wine, $3 Wells, & Happy Hour priced sliders, pizza, and mac n cheese!
That’s not it folks – no there are MORE fabulous prizes drink&food deals that happen nightly at the Arsenal:
* Mondays: Monday Night Football Happy Hour – same as the usual but lasts until game ends. PLUS at late night HH from 10pm – 1am.
* Tuesdays: “Rock Night” $3 Vodka Martinis, $2 Mixed Vodka Shots + DJ Goldylox starts at 10pm
* Wednesdays: $1.50 Sliders from 8-10pm + Late Night HH 10pm – 1am
* Thursdays: Burger Night, 7-10pm (Premium Burger+Fries = $7)
* Fridays: Pizza & Beer Night, 8-10pm (Pizza+Craft Beer = $12)
* Saturdays: “Saturday Supper” 6-9pm (App+Entree+Dessert+Well/Wine/Beer = $20)
12012 W. Pico Blvd / West LA