Mother’s Day is just a week away, have you made plans to spoil your Mommy yet?
(Keep hitting our list back up as we’ll continue to update it up until the big day)
- Circa 55 at the Beverly Hilton, 11am – 4pm. $81/pp ($30 for kiddos under 12). Brunch includes free flowing Prosecco and is served Poolside. No details on the menu yet but their typical Sunday spread includes a bunch of really delightful sounding salads (channeling my mom in that description), lobster rolls, pan seared salmon, hanger steak, breakfast favorites, and an over-the-top dessert assortment.
- Mr. C Beverly Hills, 11am – 4pm. $115/pp ($49 for kiddos 4-12) + $30 for Bottomless Mimosas. Whether or not you spring the extra cash for the bottomless bubbly, Mom will get a free Bellini to start her meal + some free treatments from the GlamSquad. Once buzzed and pampered, you can go attack the buffet, featuring pastas, antipasto, made to order waffles and omelets, fresh seafood, carving stations with roast beef and turkey, and a ton of desserts. (Luckily elastic waist bands and joggers are in right now, so you can still be chic AND comfortable after gorging yourself.)
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills, 11:00am – 8:00pm. $135/pp. ($68 for kiddos). Adult price includes free flowing Nicholas Feuillatte Champagne (that’s the good shit.) This meal is served family style, and includes fancy things the The Crawley family would undoubtedly serve at one of their smashing dinner parties – Cornish Game Hen, Crab Croquettes, Braised Veel, and Cherry Blossom Tarlets. (Yeah, we’re still missing Downton Abbey…)
- The Royce in Pasadena, 11am – 3pm. $92/pp ($40 for kiddos 4-12). Adult price includes free flowing mimosas + bloody marys. No details on the menu yet, but (as always) they are advertising ‘elaborate displays’ of fresh food items.
- The Eclectic in North Hollywood, 11am – 3pm. $27 Brunch, includes any entree + bottomless mimosas, champagne or sangria.
- Stella Barra Pizza in Santa Monica, 11am – 4pm. Ala Carte Menu with items ranging from $10-$15 + $12 Bottomless Mimosas. We’re thinking go splitsies on some Breakfast Pizzas, get buzzed on some mimosas, and then wander over to the beach and wow your mom with your Sandle Castle-making skills. She always loved that shit when you were a kid.
All these options include a single glass of booze, but we figure you’ll take one for the team and drink it for Mom… no fun if you’re both sober, right?
- Baleen Kitchen in Redondo Beach, 7:00am – 2:30pm. Ala Carte Menu + a pretty view of the harbor. The menu ranges from fish tacos, to cornmeal pancakes, with a ton of standard egg dishes (benedict, burrito, over easy…) in between. Mom’s breakfast comes with a free mimosa for you to drink as well.
- Knoll at Le Parc Suites in WeHo, 9am – 4pm. $24 Brunch with choice of a few select breakfast items like Chicken & Waffles, Smoked Salmon & Eggs, Breakfast Broiche, and Eggs Florentine. Also includes coffee, tea, and one mimosa (which again, you will drink for your mom.) Perfect spot if Mom is coming to visit and needs a decently priced hotel in a cute hood.
- 118 Degrees in Tarzana, Starting at 11am. For those Mommies that are both sober AND vegan (this sounds like some sort of hell to us…) you can get a 3-course vegan brunch for $25/pp on Mom’s day at this Valley joint. The menu includes Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms, a Tropical Coconut Ceviche, and your choice of Fried Avocado Rolled Tacos, Mole Enchiladas, or Living Lasagna, Plus a Dessert Sampler at the end. Plus you can drink mom’s free Mimosa or Kombucha Cocktail.
- Border Grill (Santa Monica): All You Can Eat (AYCE) Small Plate Brunch + $15 Endless Rose Sangria and Mimosas. Plates include a Smoked Bacon Quesadilla, Peruvian Shrimp & Grits, Baja Ceviche Tostada, Waffles + Pork Belly, Oaxacan Pancakes, Chorizo and Egg tacos and a number of other tasty bites.
- Golden Road Brewery in Atwater Village, 10am – 2pm. $24 AYCE Brunch Buffet + Sangria and Beermosa Specials + Live Music from 1-4pm. Bring a blanket and lay out on the grass and laze off your food + booze coma with Mama.