No Malibu Beach House? No Silverlake or Hollywood Hills bungalow with adorable yard and views of the city? No pool that can accommodate your giant brosef pack of friends?
Sounds like you’ll be needing a bar at which to do your patriotic celebrating and drinking this Friday for the 4th.
Here are some options
(this is an evolving list, so feel free to check back in a day or two for new options – and if you’re aware of something we are not, please fill us in on it so we can add it!)
* AREAL (SaMo): Vague but they mention cocktail specials, drink specials, BBQ, and live music.
* BaleenKitchen (Redondo Beach): Brunch 7am – 2:30pm with build your own bloody or mimosa bar, $4 John Daily Ice Teas and $5 Margaritas all day, happy hour 3-7pm, fireworks at 9pm, and live music 3-6 & 9:30 – 12:30pm.
* Border Grill (Downtown): Extended Happy Hour, 12pm – 6pm ($3-$5 beers, $5-$7 Margs, $5 Cocktails, $3 Tacos, $5 Apps) + Free shuttle to Grand Park
* Chuchill (Mid-City-West): $15 Soft Shell Crab & Shrimp Boil
* Hudson (WeHo): Specialty 1776 Cocktail + $14 Bourbon-Basted BBQ Chicken Dinner
* Meet (Culver City): Bottomless Mimosas ($17) & All You Can Eat Moules Frites ($28)
* Little Next Door (Mid-City-West): 30% off Wine & Beer, 9am – 6pm
* Rock & Reilly’s (WeHo): $5 Bud Lights, $5 Patriot Shots, Free Buttered Popcorn, Boozy Rootbeer Floats & BBQ. Offered 11am – Close.
* Sixty/Caulfields (BevHills): Starting at 2pm: Rooftop BBQ, Watermelon Margs + DJ
* Sonoma Wine Garden (Santa Monica): $35 Bottomless Bubbles + Brunch Entree, available 11am – 2pm
* St Felix & Velvet Margarita (Hollywood): $3 Beers, $4 Shots, BBQ, Outdoor Bar + DJ, 3pm – 12am.
* The Abbey (WeHo): $10 Hot-Dog + Beer Deal (OR you can sub that beer for a shot of Avion Tequila if your prefer!)
* The Roof on Wilshire (Miracle Mile): All You Can Eat BBQ, 2pm – 11pm.
* Whiskey Reds (Marina Del Rey): Come early for $3 beer and $5 Fireball Shots from 5-8 p.m; stay late for views of the fireworks show in MDR.
PS: Check out our list of spots offering bottomless mimosas to plan the rest of your holiday weekend. Some spots have boozed up OJ available weekdays too!
Just came across this list from the DiscoverLA group and it rocks (okay, truth is we didn’t even make it past the first location on the list – but $12 endless sangria at the Bazaar? Done deal.)
So in case you’re looking for a new fancy spot to get boozy on the cheap tonight, check it out: